Please note: • Paddlers must keep within the natural banks in the main stream up to Kliphoek. All competitors are only allowed to portage at Kliphoek farm/Oordraplek. • Paddlers will be directed by signage on the banks and will have to paddle past Bokkomlaan on the home straight into Velddrif.
1. Start at Zoutkloof (8:00) -32.9442, 18.4114
Slow paddlers start at 7:30 and the leaders group at 8:00 followed by a mass start at 8:30.
2. Berg River Station (9:00) -32.9453, 18.3411
Turn left out of Zoutkloof. Drive back to Kersefontein, turn left across the river and at the Tjunction turn left. You will see the river on your left to watch the paddlers.
3. Kersefontein (9:30) BRIDGE PRIZE -32.9064, 18.3335
This is a popular spectator spot. You might have to park some way down the road.
4. Kleigat (10:30) Accessible to 4×4 vehicles only on the righthand bank of the river.
5. Cloeteskraal (11:00) -32.8669, 18.2364
From Kersefontein cross the bridge until you reach the main road to Velddrif, and turn right. Follow the road until you reach the turn-off to your right. No toilet facilities available.
6. Kliphoek/Oordraplek (11:30) -32.8325, 18.2156
When you leave Cloeteskraal follow the road to Velddrif and turn right at Kliphoek farm. This is a compulsory portage and a good time to give your paddler that last energy boost about 10km to the finish. Toilet facilities are available.
7. Velddrif Bridge (12:30) -32.7853, 18.1786
Follow the road signs to Velddrif where the race finishes at Carinus Bridge next to the Riviera Hotel. Preferably park on the opposite side of the road from the hotel next to the river. Hot shower facilities will be available for the paddlers on the hotel site where the prizegiving function will also take place this year.